It isn’t unusual for Atlantic Salvage to hear the myths and rumors about automotive recycling in Massachusetts that have come up over the years. We know there can be a stigma attached to salvage yards, including that they might not exist anymore, but you should know that the industry is alive as ever! There’s a reason automotive recycling continues to thrive, and these statistics reveal all the great things it does for our country.
According to an article posted on About.com, there are plenty of reasons salvage yards and automotive recycling rock, but we’ll only highlight our favorites.
- 25 million tons of automotive materials are recycled every year
- Automotive recycling employees nearly 100,000 people
- North America saves around 85 million barrels of oil every year by using used instead of new auto parts
- Most recyclers are small businesses, employing less than 10 people
- Around 80% of a car can be recycled
- 98-99% of car batteries can be recycled
- Car windshield recycling has become more and more popular in recent years
Between all these reasons, and helping our customers save loads of money, we can’t think of any better purpose to be in business. For over 40 years, Atlantic Salvage has been serving New England as a top supplier of used auto parts and we cannot wait for another 40 more.
Whether your car is in need of tires, bumpers, or a used engine in Massachusetts, you can always come visit us down at Atlantic Salvage for the best inventory available. Our experts would love to help you find the parts you’re searching for and help you walk away from our yard with the peace of mind that you made a wise and responsible investment. With more questions about our inventory, call us today at (800) 225-0812.